In-House Training - Certificate in Security Operations
Your Course Trainer:
Director, Australian School of Security And Investigations
The Certificate in Security Operations is a formally recognized qualification and is also recognized at higher education level. The units contained within the certification are endorsed by the Australian Government and all Australian Police Services.
The course is designed for those officers employed in security patrols, CCTV monitoring and static/checkpoint guards.
Our training programmes use tried and true methods combined with relevant practical experience to instruct officers to recognise potential threats and equip them, if necessary, to respond to security risk situations.
Officers will receive face to face trainer led theory classes, and practical sessions involving small groups and individual activities. Our aim is to train highly motivated and professional security officers to a standard which far exceeds requirements.
Security Officers will be trained in seven vital areas of security using both theory and then followed up by practical scenarios.
DAY 1 COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY IN THE
- Customer service and communication skills
- Dealing with inquiries and situations at a professional level
- Body language, de-escalation skills for dealing with aggressive people
- Effective communication with security supervisors
- Behavioural standards
- Work Place Safety Procedures in the Security Industry
- Work Effectively in the Security Industry
- Officers are trained on company policies Police/Legal requirements
- World renowned Statements, Notes and Interview Techniques workshop which shows officers how to prepare a simple but professional and informative Police Statement or Security log.
DAY 2 RESPOND TO SECURITY RISK SITUATION
- Proper response procedures to security risk situation
- Preparation of security logs and/or reports
- Correct radio procedures, communication skills, safety, risk mitigation
- Training in use of force, effects of stress, legal responsibilities, using codes and call signs
- Practical Scenarios on how a good security team should work and communicate together.
- During these training sessions the team encounters problems which they must solve through good communication and teamwork.
- Applying First Aid - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and a short examination on First Aid Procedures.
- Scenarios will be held during this session which involves a patrolling security officer finding an injured worker and applying first aid.
DAY 3 OPERATE BASIC SECURITY EQUIPMENT
- Maintenance & Care of security equipment.
- Communication alternatives in the event of an emergency Practical scenarios on the use of basic security equipment
- Control Access and Exit from Premises
- Correct procedure for CCTV monitoring
- Basic fault finding for alarms
- Correct Patrol Procedures
- Proper Surveillance Techniques using our trademark Reverse Perspective Surveillance Techniques ™
- Radio procedures, identifying threats, basic vehicle maintenance (if using vehicle), responding to alarms, search techniques, log preparation.
Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the Australian School of Security and Investigations and an
Australian Nationally Accredited Statement of Attainment for the unit:
CPPSEC20207 Certiicate II in Security Operations
The enclosed information is a general overview of the course we offer. However each course can be tailored to suit individual client needs. The type of scenario training and resources utilised is dependent upon environmental, legal and geographical constraints. Before any scenario training is conducted, 360 BSI will discuss your individual requirements to ensure that outcome expectations are met.
Contact us for a quote.