Root Cause Analysis
17 - 18 May 2017
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a methodology for finding and correcting the most important reasons for performance problems. It is different from troubleshooting and problem-solving as these disciplines typically seek solutions to specific difficulties, whereas RCA is directed at underlying issues.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is designed to provide the participant with the knowledge, skills and tools to begin the process of root cause assessment using selection methods and tools to complete an exploration of factors contributing to an incident.
Loss-producing events may have multiple causes and require a comprehensive approach to finding ways to break the chain of causation. Participants will gain the ability to use RCA tools to identify potential problems and issues, complete an analysis, and effectively communicate results and recommendations for action planning.
Course participants will be able to :
- Develop and implement a structured incident investigations program
- Initiate and conduct an investigation
- Apply causal factor and root cause analysis for investigating process and non-process incidents
- Develop appropriate recommendations to address root causes at various levels to avoid future incidents
- Learn how to structure reports
- Practise your new skills via actual industry examples and workshops
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Vice Presidents, Directors, General Managers
- Safety Managers, Supervisors and Engineers
- HSE Professionals and Safety Auditors
- Site/Plant/Factory/Operations Managers
- Maintenance Engineers and Managers
- Process Reliability & Quality Control Staff
- Facilities Management & Training Managers
For full details, kindly download the PDF brochure or contact email@example.com