Document & Information Management, Security, Retention & Archiving
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 - 14 September 2017
Information is an essential asset for any organisation. Managed well, it increases efficiency and quality and contributes directly to the bottom line. Information managed badly is a risk.
Document & Information Management, Security, Retention & Archiving Course is a complete program and will give you understanding, tools and templates to manage information according to laws and regulations.
THIS TRAINING CONSISTS OF TWO WORKSHOPS:
Workshop 1: Theory, Policy and Governance (Day 1 - Day 2)
Workshop 2: Methods and Best Practices (Day 3 - Day 4)
This training workshop can be taken as a full 4 day course, or as either a 2-Day course (Day 1 & 2) for Decision-makers, Directors, and Senior Officers responsible for the costs and risks of Information, or a 2-Day course (Day 3 & 4) for team leaders and staff with day to day, hands-on responsibility for managing information.
Upon registration, you are required to complete a short questionnaire related to your expectation and other issues.
Upon completing Day 1 & 2 (Theory, Policy and Governance), you will be able to:
- Know what the costs and risks of badly managed Information are, and the benefits of well-managed information
- Understand the basic theories of information security and retention
- Ensure that your Information Governance is fit for purpose
- Know why you keep information and when you should destroy it, legally and safely
- Manage your organization’s archives
- Ensure that paper and digital documents are managed to the same standards
- Reduce and manage the flood of email and social media
- Create Policies to guide your staff
Who should attend:
- CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, COOs & their PAs
- Company Secretaries, Legal officers
- Directors and Managers of regulated dept
- Managers from regulated industries
- Managers planning M&As, Divestments or business expansions
- Staff preparing for promotion to these levels
- Staff who need to influence or inform their Chief Officers at these levels
Upon completing Day 3 & 4 (Methods and Best Practices), you will be able to:
- Survey your information to identify what you have, what it is costing you, and what risks it carries
- Assess the quality of your information processes and take steps to save time and money
- Decide whether you need software to improve information management and configure that software
- Train and monitor staff who are creating, filing, finding and using information to ensure best practice
- Improve filing systems and labelling (metadata) to make life easier for all staff
Who should attend:
- Staff responsible for information, Records, Information Security or Retention
- Staff from IT who design, configure or maintain systems for information users
- Document Controllers, Administrative Officers, Archivists, Records Managers
- Participants who attended Day 1 & 2 that wish to learn the methods for implementing the Policies
For further details, kindly download the PDF brochure, or Contact us at email@example.com to register your seats.